Crucial 5ive B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crucial 65 inlb on the msnifold ??I never torqued my down always snuged up by touch? mine was also loose after the last run?? from now on it will get the torque treatment ??
Thanks Jimbo. This buggy used to be so reliable then all of a sudden WHAM!

Took her out again today and.....same shite except only got a 8 min run with a lean condition at the end of it.? No fuel in the primer. Losi throttle servo worked great tho. Packed her up and took her back home. Noticed 2 things, silicone pipe coupler was torn and damn isolator was loose again. How the hell? So I replaced the coupler and clamps and tightened the isolator again.?

I also took the stock tank vent off and installed the snappy vent in the stock location. I did notice the primer bulb is now all the way full instead of 3/4. I also noticed when I press the primer bulb there is no bubbles in the return line now.?? So ready for another run tomorrow. Wish I had more time to test.

Crucial 65 inlb on the msnifold ??I never torqued my down always snuged up by touch? mine was also loose after the last run?? from now on it will get the torque treatment ??
?65?? I found it was 26-35inlb and torqued to that spec. Where did you find 65inlb?
I also have the issue of the isolator keep coming loose so i have got some shake proof lock washers so hopefully this will stop it happening. I have tried loctite but didn’t last.

View attachment 53202
If i keep having issues im going brushl###
?Yeah I used loctite and it didn't last either. Must be the heat from the engine that breaks it down. I'll use a split washer if it happens again.

Heat/fuel/oil will pretty much trash anything loctite. The manifold gets all of these are are kinda tough to get out of the threads. None the less glad to hear your making head way
I wish. I cannot figure out the issue. Took it out again today and primer bulb went dry again and the tank released pressure when I unscrewed the gas cap again. Bout to go elbow deep into this engine cause I've replaced everything on the outside of it. Anyone know what would pressurize the tank?

Last edited:
I wish. I cannot figure out the issue. Took it out again today and primer bulb went dry again and the tank released pressure when I unscrewed the gas cap again. Bout to go elbow deep into this engine cause I've replaced everything on the outside of it. Anyone know what would pressurize the tank?

When you un screwed the cap ,an it released pressure ,then it is getting a vapor lock ,sometimes when you loosen the
cap up while the engine is running ,an the engine smooths out an starts to run better is the indication that your tank
is not breathing an it is the vent!

When you un screwed the cap ,an it released pressure ,then it is getting a vapor lock ,sometimes when you loosen the
cap up while the engine is running ,an the engine smooths out an starts to run better is the indication that your tank
is not breathing an it is the vent!
I bought a new tank kit for it and put the new vent from the new tank on my old tank. Same problem.

I bought a new tank kit for it and put the new vent from the new tank on my old tank. Same problem.

Oh .well I hope that you figure it out!

When I fired up my Baja ,my primer bulb stayed full ,an while I been doing the work on it ,with one line
disconnected ,the gas didnt even leak out ,the primer bulb is still full even after sitting for a few days!

Yours maybe a carb issue ,I know that there is a diaphragm in there that has little tabs on it ,maybe
not sealing off ,I don't know!...:unsure:

Oh .well I hope that you figure it out!

When I fired up my Baja ,my primer bulb stayed full ,an while I been doing the work on it ,with one line
disconnected ,the gas didnt even leak out ,the primer bulb is still full even after sitting for a few days!

Yours maybe a carb issue ,I know that there is a diaphragm in there that has little tabs on it ,maybe
not sealing off ,I don't know!...:unsure:
I wish it was that easy. 2 carbs same issue. I'll figure it out. Leaning toward bad fuel filter right now. Thinking it's bad but gets worst as engine temps rise. Then as the return fuel enter back to the tank heated the vapors/expanded fuel store in the tank because the feed line is clogged by the fuel filter, hence the pressure in the tank as I open the cap.? Sounds good.? I'll explore that more tomorrow.
I think this is engine related personally. Did you change the lines ? Not sure if that might cuase this but it's worth a shot
Yup, all lines changed and quick releases removed.

I wish it was that easy. 2 carbs same issue. I'll figure it out. Leaning toward bad fuel filter right now. Thinking it's bad but gets worst as engine temps rise. Then as the return fuel enter back to the tank heated the vapors/expanded fuel store in the tank because the feed line is clogged by the fuel filter, hence the pressure in the tank as I open the cap.? Sounds good.? I'll explore that more tomorrow.

Yup, all lines changed and quick releases removed.
Yeah try that filter. If not I'd definitely say it's motor related ?

Just a thought could you be getting too much back pressure from your silenced pipe? Just thinking aloud here? What you could do is slap one of the other motors you have and try? Do you have another pipe?

Figured I need to put together a build thread for my 5ive. I love putting together kits so it was a no brainer for which 1/5 scale I HAD to get. DDM 34cc ESP modified engine with a silenced Victory pipe. Savox servos. Killer Bee kill switch and 7200mah lipo electronics batt. I have a bunch of parts to install on her that I've been collecting from DDM. I will start posting on here as I install them. Here's a few pics of where I'm at now with her.
View attachment 50100View attachment 50101View attachment 50102View attachment 50103View attachment 50104View attachment 50105View attachment 50106View attachment 50107View attachment 50108
Damn, what a build! Track chomping big buggy!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks