George's Kraken Vekta.5 Ownership/Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my front wheel come off a couple of times when I tightened it down as much as possible with the included tool. Switch to a standard wrench and socket and was able to get more torque on it and have not had an issue since.

Yeah, that supplied tool is terrible as you can't get any leverage out of it. Nut looks to be 24mm. Going to need to pick up a socket soon.

Last edited:
Tree 1 Kraken 0

Went to the park today at lunch (taking advantage of the only mild day this week) misjudged the distance going around a small tree and whamo.
Broken upper arm, spindle and upright. Now I need to decide on spending $20 for parts in plastic or around 400- in metal. Or just some in alloy... ?

Sucks as I just ordered Kraken's Aluminum Upper & Lower Link Mounts last evening...$$ could have gone to this repair, oh well

49070694997_81e30d68d1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Tree 1 Kraken 0

Went to the park today at lunch (taking advantage of the only mild day this week) misjudged the distance going around a small tree and whamo.
Broken upper arm, spindle and upright. Now I need to decide on spending $20 for parts in plastic or around 400- in metal. Or just some in alloy... ?

Sucks as I just ordered Kraken's Aluminum Upper & Lower Link Mounts...$$ could have gone to this repair, oh well

49070694997_81e30d68d1_b.jpg

Nice......I would say ,go with aluminum hubs ,but stick with plastic arms ,preferably RPM's because they are
more flexible!
You would want something there that flexes on impacts ,as it is very hard to get bent hing pins out of aluminum ,
however ,I had also had a hard time before on fishing hub bearings out of aluminum hubs ,but ,I would go
with an aluminum hub if the plastic or carbon ones are weak!...:cool:

Was thinking along the same lines. Rather have plastic arms snap cleanly than Aluminum causing more damage to other parts it's connected to etc.

DDM ,may carry some ,however ,they may carry a more flexible a-arm ,I don't know there plastics an how flexible they
are ,an I don't know about how Kraken is either ,but .I very much know how RPM's are ,an know that they can take
a whoopin!

Installed the Kraken upgraded Upper & Lower link mounts today. Ordered a Chinese knock off Rear diff cover in a similar color. Sucks that Kraken supplies these cheap plastic covers compared to the nice aluminum ones offered during the inital release.

49091798163_1d36a1ec01_b.jpg
49091798208_dc7e844b14_b.jpg

49092510427_6e262a212b_b.jpg

Thanks to Detriot Performance. I was able to grab a used set of front end suspension parts to get this back in working order.

The latest bling accessories added where some bead locks and a gas cap from DDM.

49105745226_354e8cece6_b.jpg

49105931177_aa16f5f0b4_b.jpg

Not crazy about the bead locks. Think I'll eventually get a billet set like these listed below. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a similar product but in Orange or Green anodized? If not then I'd go with black.

RC Max Billet Beadlocks

Thanks to Detriot Performance. I was able to grab a used set of front end suspension parts to get this back in working order.

The latest bling accessories added where some bead locks and a gas cap from DDM.

49105745226_354e8cece6_b.jpg

49105931177_aa16f5f0b4_b.jpg

Not crazy about the bead locks. Think I'll eventually get a billet set like these listed below. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a similar product but in Orange or Green anodized? If not then I'd go with black.

RC Max Billet Beadlocks
Did the bak end get lost in the post?.....?.....nah...looks a beast?

Last edited:
Finished adding the Kraken optional base plate and front suspension bits. Also got the T90 transmission in place. Any weight I saved with the alloy parts were lost when adding this transmission as it weighs a ton. Most of the install was pretty straight forward with the exception of getting the driveshaft ends off the exiting spur gear. Total PITA.

Next is getting the Victory RC pipe mounted. Hoping to get that done soon.

49166052273_901187c02b_b.jpg

49166527471_e4537ee636_b.jpg

49166527491_ffdfa4ab85_b.jpg

Aluminum / Alloy arms will look awesome, but if you clip a tree like you did with alloy arms. The carnage is going to be hella worse without a doubt... and for sure cost a lot more then $20 to fix ??

Yeah, I tend to live dangerously. :LOL: All kidding aside, I just hope to keep the carnage to a minimum going forward. Fingers crossed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks