How are you recording while driving???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two action cameras that cost $30 each. I made two aluminum brackets, 1" square tube, and some spacers to mount it to each truck.
The 1" square tubing about the length of the camera which is bolted to the base (which is bolted to the roll cage, either bolted to the cage itself or using two strips to secure the base). Then the camera sits on the square tubing, and a bolt goes through the channel and screws in tight.

I also have a FPV on my losi 5T, which is okay, but due to electrical interference from the spark plug, the video is somewhat grainy.

Yeah you got the professional grade??

That's the one P3Pro
I use Litchi cause it's got a few features DJI GO hasn't.
Any of your vids on You Tube?
I'd be interested in seeing them.
That's the one P3Pro

Just found em - all good (y)

Looked at getting a mavic pro$$$ about $2500 here? rather have another 1/5
Why so expensive? It's coming from China so I would think it would be closer to you?
That's the one P3Pro

Just found em - all good (y)
Yeah I have a few videos with it. I don't hardly spend enough time with it. My RCs take up too much time.?

Mavics are about the same here in Oz.
peepee Smith has refurbs that aren't too badly priced.
If I buy another drone it will be a refurb.

Yeah I have a few videos with it. I don't hardly spend enough time with it. My RCs take up too much time.?
[/QUOTE]

I know that feeling only too well.
It seems every time I charge a battery it blows a gale for the next week.

Arw they really that picky with wind? Never had a drone. My bigger helis can stand up to some fairly stiff winds.
They'll take a bit.
It may just be me but I don't fly if it's above 30kph on the ground cause it's going to be a lot more up higher..
It's a lot of money to get blown away.

That reminds me of a friend who was testing out waypoints on his programmable drone. Instead of manually controlling it, he was using his laptop. He set it to go home if it hit a certain wind speed, but rather than programming his lat. and long. he trusted his uncalibrated (cheap) GPS. Wind picked up and it tried to go home and missed its mark by 200 yards. He had to go slogging through a culvert to find it!

You can always have a nice gimbal set up on the multirotor like a Storm32 or any decent controller and they can follow a specific target if set up to do so.It can pretty much stay stationary maybe ten feet off the ground in the center of where you are driving and the gimbal and some minor movement from the multirotor will handle the rest.
Pixhawks,Apm's and many others can do the waypoints and tons of other crap.I haven't kept up but they should be even more advanced now.

Last edited:
You can always have a nice gimbal set up on the multirotor like a Storm32 or any decent controller and they can follow a specific target if set up to do so.It can pretty much stay stationary maybe ten feet off the ground in the center of where you are driving and the gimbal and some minor movement from the multirotor will handle the rest.
Pixhawks,Apm's and many others can do the waypoints and tons of other crap.I haven't kept up but they should be even more advanced now.

Litchi will do that but I want to follow the car as well.
That reminds me of a friend who was testing out waypoints on his programmable drone. Instead of manually controlling it, he was using his laptop. He set it to go home if it hit a certain wind speed, but rather than programming his lat. and long. he trusted his uncalibrated (cheap) GPS. Wind picked up and it tried to go home and missed its mark by 200 yards. He had to go slogging through a culvert to find it!

You can't trust em even with the controller in your hand.
They don't often have problems but the potential is always there.

I think in order to stay close to the ground and have enough speed to keep up maybe an octocopter like a Tarot type would be better bigger motors and they have huge 15-16 inch props.That should do the trick.I don't have any experience with DJI stuff but I know they make really good stuff right out of the box.

When I did my search. I found that getting a GO PRO or similar
Strapped either on the HEAD or with a chest piece captured the best movement far as stability / angle

how ever I didn’t want to spend a lot to record my Rc’s ...
I wanted to use my iPhone so I went with this, it’s been working good just takes some practice to remember you’re recording with your controller and driving at the same TIME lol
$3.99 on eBay ??
6DD6F1FF-1D6A-4DA6-A9B9-C0FCE67E49D2.jpeg

@dougstar had the best FREE tip IMO
DE3EB2BF-5585-4653-A1F1-2E1DA691B612.png

Lmk what you come up with

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks