My project 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a big update but yesterday I rebuilt the shocks for the first time in my ownership.

The orange o-rings were not fitted inside the shock caps like they should be so sorted that.

Also fitted the shock covers which I know will not last very long ?

Then did a little engine tuning as was having idling issues.

Now ready for the Losi large scale weekend later this month?

The red wheel nuts are annoying me but they were the only colour axle extenders available at the time ?
View attachment 49926
Beautiful ? for sum reason, I actually think the red wheel nuts look great

Thats cheap, no metal in the 24mm mount holes, knowing that its going to be put through its paces. I don't buy any wheels if it does not have metal.

Tonight’s job was to fit a couple of upgrades.

First up was a new servo as the old one was a little slow for what I need.
I decided to go with the k-power dm4000
I only want to run x1 servo for steering as I have not had much experience with running dual servos and servo mixing etc
0C9AB8F8-0CC5-4D9A-AA20-03B71DF390D9.jpeg
B94C6957-DD3C-49C4-82C6-990CFF2D69D8.jpeg

Next up was a little idea I had to replace the battery tray screws with thumb screws. These also have notches on the top so you can still use a Philips or flat head screw driver as well as using your fingers it makes it easier when in a hurry trying to find the correct hex driver lol
9F0DFE87-4D37-4870-A554-969501862963.jpeg
E2BAF4D0-634E-4E48-905C-4B0531CE3260.jpeg
93A096F2-17BB-4718-BB50-D7843E256F1E.jpeg
F55C1F49-6D34-4DA2-8445-69192D55BF9A.jpeg
F4990FD1-58CF-43BF-BD9F-405A22D7A8E5.jpeg

Thanks for reading
James

U want my mcdrr4v?
Seriously thinking about it mate, but I’ve got ideas. I need to finish my dinner before I start desert though. I do want an MCD but I only know HPI Baja and FG.

The ultimate RR looks the bollocks but other than AREA RC I can’t see any hop ups. But then again the ultimate doesn’t look like it needs it. Because of it though it becomes unpersonal.

Finally getting to grips with the 5b. Sorted out the little mechanical niggles and almost finished a race day without incident lol but it was not to be!
The thumb screws I used to secure the bettry tray came loose in the final race and cost me the finish ?
I will be reverting back to stock bolts lol
No over heating issues as all but it wasn’t the hottest of days either ?.

Here are just a couple of photos I managed to get. I couldn’t get many photos because if I wasn’t racing I was marshalling lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks