Proboat 1/8 scale miss budweiser hydro build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I searched and now I remember I just wasn't a fan of how you spoke to members. Pretty much talking down to people that asked questions like in the oil ratio thread saying if you can't measure how much oil goes in per gallon this ain't a hobby for you.... how many people drive cars on this earth that can't check their own oil,change wiper blades,light bulbs?
And you post pics of your cars on a boat thread. Ive looked back at your posts and you show the same exact images.. if you got 8 more you could make a calander for yourself

Last edited:
That boat and others like it from ProBoat top speed is 30-35 mph and to get any more out of it the following needs to be done, otherwise it will flip around 40 mph and the hull will get beat up.
Here are some tips for you on your build...
1- Get a Hydro Turn Fin for the right sponson that has a curve in it ...Acu-Tech # ATHTFA-100 & mount it to be 1/2" deeper might have to slot the hole more.
2- Beef up the inside of that sponson where the turn fin is mounted to keep from pulling the turn fin thru the hull.
3- The front spoiler needs to have the angle the other way or the boat will flip @ 40 mph.
4- A modified 26 cc will get you around 50-55 mph a 30.5 cc will get you a tad more in the 60-65 mph range...(the boat will never make a 100 mph top speed unless it is in the back of your Pick-up doing 100 mph on the freeway).
5- Props to use is a 7016/2, 6717/3 or a 7016/3 depending on the engines power output.
6- While at beefing up the sponson in the turn fin area also add a layer or two of glass and resin to the inside of the sponsons running surface, otherwise the sponsons will get cracks from the pounding while running over 35 mph which is the factory speed and also why the front wing is angled to help air it out.
7- Get a Speed Master Strut from Gizmo
8- Get the New Vision Pipe Kit from Gismo with the Wrap to Center (WTC ) Header and cut the cowl on the side to make it fit properly.
9- Ditch the fuel tank and use a fuel bladder IV style bag and mount it forward in the nose of the canopy.
10- (CG) Center of Gravity- the hull should balance with everything in it ready to run @ 30-35% of the total length of the hull and that CG is measured from the back going forward...the hull should see-saw balance level at that point.

It is a lot to do and these hulls were never mad to go fast as one can tell by running one stock......best bet for speed is to get a hydro from Wayne Farrow at Venomccracing.com
Below is a video of a Pro Boat Hydro like yours with the mods mentioned above done & racing with another boat on a NAMBA Course...55mph was on the straights with a Pro-Mod 26 cc engine.

He is not looking to pull 100mph from this hull, just to clarify it was me jokingly saying "triple digitville here we come". If we want to go at this with a more humble aproach, were all here willing to learn and please do share. Nobody's asking for anyone's secret sauce or a mythical explanation. Brother member @Rep732 is looking for info and is newer to rc boats. Please realize your on a forum with highly qualified and knowledgeable members here, not a bunch of children. Please re-read his threads over. @Rep732 was looking for a proper hull to make a high speed build and decided even close to 100mph is respectable, even tossing up the idea up using electric motor/s.

Thanks @PortCityRC I understand this hydro isn't going to set records but id like it to be faster than the advertised 35mph. 45-50mph is good. I did already order the 7016/3 and 6717/3 props ad I also have a 64" vee hull fully modified. I won't ruin the boat with adding glass to the outside but im willing to lay more on the inside of the hull. If I need a different hull that's fine and I'll get one eventually this miss bud was a wish list item that I happened to find

To get to 75 mph or higher you also need the room on the water to be able to do it.
A straight run with gas to be @ the tripple digits in speed is cheaper and requires A LOT of test and tune and the ability to get the boat to a speed so it will accelerate and so far the best hull for SAW is a Drag cat or a Falcon...(both require hull modifications) & Third choice would be a R42 Cat (with a lite layup).

Now with Electrics anything is possible because of the insane instant power and you have to learn the skill of applying that power correctly and the batteries, ESC and the motor are big ticket items. ....below is one of my Raptor mono's going over 100 mph...total cost is above $4.7K with electric...the motor was only at 3/4 throttle. Scroll down to the video Fastest 56" Mono..this was at the International SAW Records
It all depends what you want and what to expect from 'the go fast endeavor'.

Scroll down to the video mid page...

http://performanceunlimitedproducts.com/mono-hull.php

Falcon White Cat and Drag Cat Black one....notice the drag cat was kept WOT throughout the turns.

Thanks @PortCityRC I understand this hydro isn't going to set records but id like it to be faster than the advertised 35mph. 45-50mph is good. I did already order the 7016/3 and 6717/3 props ad I also have a 64" vee hull fully modified. I won't ruin the boat with adding glass to the outside but im willing to lay more on the inside of the hull. If I need a different hull that's fine and I'll get one eventually this miss bud was a wish list item that I happened to find
All glassing on the inside and even with the weight added and everything else done the front wing is at a detrimental angle and to cut and reposition and reinforce inside, then trying to paint match the vinyl type covering is almost impossible....

not a bunch of children.
Scared Nervous GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

@Les Smith so in all reality what can the 1/8 hydro do with a fully modified 30.5 with the gizmo exhaust.." I already have it" and no I really don't want to cut the cowl on this as these are very hard to find so I'd like to work with the hull as it is and of I can just "replace" parts on it for performance improvements im ok with it. If anything this hydro will be a novelty for me as I don't want it to be destroyed

add lead weights upfront to get the CG near the 30% mark and play around...somewhere in the 40-50 mph, which is a quessimate as I never have played around by adding weight...which kills the top speed.

Fair enough. Also to add with hydros do you want a high lift prop? I've read somewhere that you want the ass end out of the water and the prop is pretty much a surface drive and the other points of contact are on the back of the sponsors?

Ran the hydro today and as usual for the first outing the usual carb issues but when I got it tuned better it was dancing on the ass end. The 7016 3 blade got it out of the hole pretty fast and it wasn't taking water over the sponsons so that was a good buy. One thing that sucked I got less than 20 minutes run time because of the small gas tank

Didn't even last long enough to get a good video in port. I can tell the boat sat awhile and the carb is gunna get replaced...also the thing didn't want to turn for poop. Idk how they work yet but I may have not been going fast enough but the lack of brakes and no clutch made me come off plane..didn't want to hit the rocks on the shoreline

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks