Rampage MT & Rampage XB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I for got..you mentioned using oil for your home made shock covers......
I would recomend using talcum or baby power instead....It will slide real easy....
I have done that too anntena wire on the reciever ..that you try to get thru the tube..
Put a lite coat on the wire ..shove thru the tube...leave a little come out the end..
put a peace of fuel tubing over the wire to hold down......
Hey Csp not trying too hijack your thread.....Just a better thought than using oil...
besides oil will break down the rubber tubing.....Slawhammer

You aren't hijacking Slaw. I tried some baby powder initially. I couldn't get the spring through that tightass tube for the life of me. I put some silicone shock oil on my finger and lubed up the inside. Ended up with a nasty paste and had to throw the first one away! :lol:

moo- got a helluva deal on those beadlocks. They were a bad batch. $20 bucks for the set of 4. :) One is just finished funny.

Coating those bodies is a pain in the butt. I can't wait until my FG body gets here.

By the way, if anyone is looking to replace their Rampage MT body cheaply with a GOOD body, go here. $89 shipped with a couple of mild defects.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Line-Desert...s?hash=item2ea620bd19&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

:cursing:

I hate it when the fuel line melts against the exhaust. Dammit. I'm out running happily out in a field. Suddenly I get the sound like something is wrong. Yep, another melted fuel line. I'm ordering the braided fuel line cover (thanks Slaw). Maybe that will help prevent that problem.

:cursing:

So far though, I LOVE 4wd. LOVE IT. No push when turning. It's just great. The gears roll smoothly now, my worry that they were too tight has been alleviated. :)

Update: I went ahead and wire tied the lines down and rerouted them better. Shouldn't be a problem again.....running later again. I'm really stoked. :)

Last edited:
All sounds good my friend...Looks like the other RC's will be taking a back seat for some
time now....give it a complete gallon of fuel ..your engine will be really good....
enjoy & What did you always tell me....Your not having you brake some thing.....
Glad for you my friend...Slawhammer

I had to giggle about the fuel lines... kinda like chewing them in 8th scale spurs....

good to hear it's doing well.

Nothing more annoying than melting fuel lines! :lol:

Of all the stupid things, at least the gears are doing great. Running without the cover.

Got my FG truck body today. Brand new, with the front grill, spray film still on it. Small cutout around the left rear wheel well is all that is wrong with it. I'll try and paint this one up a bit. 75 bucks shipped is great.

Here it is with a Firehammer MT body on top:

fhmt_vs_fg_body.jpg

Boy..pretty soon I will have to sent you a air brush...I have a couple new one's
gathering dust....I have 3 different air brush's I use all the time..those are just spares..
so lay out a good color plan...yeah I know your all 1 or 2 color for keeping it simple...
Your orange looks good tho.....Slawhammer

Thanks Alex, that's exactly what I wanted to see. the FG body is much longer than the Firehammer one. That makes the decision easier. That will fit my truck the best. now to make some money and order one of sickboy's fg ones

Used teamchrome's method of getting rid of the unwanted "droop". I think I lost about a half inch in the front and back:

IMG_7124.jpg

Hey cool on the limit straps...Looks like I may have to make some for my car....
Nice job..well done....Slawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks