spents obr 57 twin dragon hammer,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close though right🤔😆😆👍🏻jk
feck me he's only 20 years older than me doug :ROFLMAO:,
on another note, pretty sure my wirings right, but gonna double check i aint reversed the wires from source coils to the sparky coils later on (y),
really odd that the brand new ngk's don't seem to spark as well as the older one in the reed engine as well, maybe i got some duff plugs,
i have two more new ones i'll check an all,
the reed is getting a ryan starter cable as well for sure (y), fuel in the rail/reed had been sat for a while so thats gonna get the tank flushed,
and i'll flush the carb and the reed block as well while i'm at it and go from there i think,

Yeah with all this lockdown last yeah and the health issues with your lady's i can see things sitting for a while🤔 .
I have my cars on a roster ( don't have a clip board 📋😆) but I make sure they all have a go , unless there is an intensive care patient 😉. So next I need to get out the bug an 65, next losi and twin👍🏻. Soon there will be 6 in the mix🤔 nice and even

Yeah with all this lockdown last yeah and the health issues with your lady's i can see things sitting for a while🤔 .
I have my cars on a roster ( don't have a clip board 📋😆) but I make sure they all have a go , unless there is an intensive care patient 😉. So next I need to get out the bug an 65, next losi and twin👍🏻. Soon there will be 6 in the mix🤔 nice and even
yeh the last year or two aint been good for me really doug, well it aint been good for anyone with the lockdown ,
but yeh things sat for longer than they should have, if i aint gonna get out with i usually at least fire em up or blast em round the garden/driveway every so often, but lockdown and mrs spents illness's and then my old mums illness it all sort of took a back seat,
i'll get em all sorted and sussed out doug, they need to be ran (y) :)

I'll give you a pass there mate, last year's been a bugger and you've had it a bit harder then most. Give my best to your wifey and mum....
thanks sean (y), and yeh not been the best this end :LOL:,
and yes i'll give yer best to mrs spents and my mum from you sean, thanks mate (y)(y):),
i will get all the rc's sorted out and running as they should be as well :D

more pull starter mods 🤦‍♂️:LOL:,
as a few posts ago, it jammed again, so had a closer look and tolerances are total crap tbh,
some may remember i made a bushing to take slop up on the main spool,
well this time its a bushing for the main shaft to the alloy starter cog,
again its over 1mm of slop which is a lot on something this size, plus needs a tickle here and there to bring some gaps down between various parts,
then hopefully that will be an end to the jamming,

the bushing i machined up today, yes its small :ROFLMAO:,

Good luck paul👍🏻 keep us posted
more pull starter mods 🤦‍♂️:LOL:,
as a few posts ago, it jammed again, so had a closer look and tolerances are total crap tbh,
some may remember i made a bushing to take slop up on the main spool,
well this time its a bushing for the main shaft to the alloy starter cog,
again its over 1mm of slop which is a lot on something this size, plus needs a tickle here and there to bring some gaps down between various parts,
then hopefully that will be an end to the jamming,

the bushing i machined up today, yes its small :ROFLMAO:,

Small ones are always fun to machine😩🤬😂
yes they are aiant they haric, there especially good when ya drop em on the floor after removing from the lathe, never to be seen again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,
Good luck paul👍🏻 keep us posted
thanks doug (y), and will do
this starters been a proper pita :D,
i'm determined its gonna work though,
and hopefully people see the issues i've had with mine before they think about buying one , they defo need a liitle work to make em better :LOL:

Yeah not sure why you not using the stock starter🤷‍♂️ the pum starter is better than stock coz they don't get clogged with crap👍🏻 seems this alloy start has been nothing but trouble.....for a looonngg time now
yeh i was tryin to be a clever twat and convert the starter to a full size one :ROFLMAO:,
seemed like a good idea at the time, but turning into a bit of a nightmare as ya can see :LOL:,
time will tell though, gonna give it these last mods then if it all goes wrong again i will go back to the pum (y),
or convert to roto start :D

so last chance for this starter then its gonna be roto start time :D,
want to avoid that if i can though cos then i'd have to repair the cutout in the bonnet and repaint that part:LOL:,
bushings added, few bits of light machining and all slop is now removed (y)(y),
still have to find out why the throttle/brake servo has no movement on the brake side as well, thats a strange one cos it just stopped without any magic blue smoke or anything :ROFLMAO:,

wiring checked and its connected as it should be (y) ,
pull start back on again for what feels like the 100th time :LOL:,

left the front pipe off cos i need to figure out whats going on with this servo, no brakes,
battery box may have to come out to get the thing off the car, but thats a last resort, gonna see if its sommat more simple before i remove it :),

so i dug into the hammers battery box yesterday,
swapped servos from channel to channel and servo works fine,
so not the servo thats bob tucked (y),
then swapped models on the tx to the orange rail and checked , throttle/brake works fine or the rail,
so its not the brake side of the trigger on the tx (y),
so that just leaves something changed on the setting on the tx somehow, no idea how though cos i aint been in those settings till now,
i am running brake mix on the 4pls though, extra servo to switch cooling fan on and off,
gonna have to dig the instruction book out i reackon and see if i can work out whats shifted :ROFLMAO:
good news is battery box don't have to come out (y):D,

so i dug into the hammers battery box yesterday,
swapped servos from channel to channel and servo works fine,
so not the servo thats bob tucked (y),
then swapped models on the tx to the orange rail and checked , throttle/brake works fine or the rail,
so its not the brake side of the trigger on the tx (y),
so that just leaves something changed on the setting on the tx somehow, no idea how though cos i aint been in those settings till now,
i am running brake mix on the 4pls though, extra servo to switch cooling fan on and off,
gonna have to dig the instruction book out i reackon and see if i can work out whats shifted :ROFLMAO:
good news is battery box don't have to come out (y):D,

A lot of electronics come with a small button battery for memory when power is completely off. Usually after about 3 to 4 years the battery dies and all memory is lost every time power is off. The 4PLS is getting on a bit now although still very good.

I’ve got one still but haven’t used it in more than a while. I bet the issue is with the internal battery, there should be a way to change it though just need to search the net. 👍🏽

A lot of electronics come with a small button battery for memory when power is completely off. Usually after about 3 to 4 years the battery dies and all memory is lost every time power is off. The 4PLS is getting on a bit now although still very good.

I’ve got one still but haven’t used it in more than a while. I bet the issue is with the internal battery, there should be a way to change it though just need to search the net. 👍🏽
yeh could be miles (y)(y),
it has kept every other setting for three different rc's though :),
i will have a looksy and see if the 4pls does have an internal back up battery though, thanks matey (y):D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks