spents obr 57 twin dragon hammer,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good news then??
yeh all good doug, i was expecting gum city in the bottom end, but nope (y),
still don't explain the super high compression though, i used same 1mm gaskets as were on there when i did the rings etc, so not sure why its so hard to pull over,
maybe its just me gettin weak during lockdown :ROFLMAO:
We likes um tiiiiiggggghhhhtttt
lol sean, yeh tight ish :LOL:, 0.1mm of play has to be better than 1mm play,
hopefully the starter don't lock up again now (y)

so this afternoon i chased the old loctite outa the threads for head bolts and a few other places,
then flushed the feck outa the bottom end to get rid of the gummy old oil etc (y),
took my time and made sure theres no crap left in there,

did the same with the heads and the headers, all flushed out,

oiled up all the bearings with some castrol, lubed the bores atd with the same,
fitted new head gaskets,
then refitted the heads and torqued down ,

rebonded the extender back into the starter case, jb quick weld works mint for this,

left engine like this for today, need to find some fresh screws/bolts for the pickups,
old ones are done tbh,
engine turns over by hand noticeably easier by hand than it did before i pulled the heads (y)(y),
so yep, was a tad gummed up :ROFLMAO:,
it will never get run on anything other than castrol oil from now on,
came in cos cold as feck here :LOL:,

Now you just dip poop boris😤 to let all you good folk out to play 👍🏻 then you can run it👍🏻
hopefully get some proper run time soon doug, not just garden/driveway runs (y):LOL:
Just need to dino a bit of marvel mystery oil and work it around if your doing a long term storage mate. Should keeping from gumming up for ages.

heard about that stuff before sean, just had a look up of it, composition is interesting ,

tbh though the twin was never gonna be laid up as long as this, the last hammer rebuild/lightening wernt supposed to take as long as this,
then covid happened and all went to poop for getting out,
the twin was usually fired up and run up to temp regular just around garden etc,
but never happened , one thing i will say is if the engine was laid up before for a while when i used castrol, it was never an issue when it came to getting it running again,
only had this issue since using rock oil,
and hopefully the engine wont be laid up as long again (y)(y)

Last edited:
bit more done today,
pick ups refitted and gaps set ,

coils back on,

crush washers removed from new plugs, this needs doing if ya run tto temp sensors like i do,

and engine back to the state below again (y) ,
pull starter reassembled and fitted, engine wiring sorted and tucked away, killswitch wiring refitted,
checked for spark and it has one :LOL:,

still need to do the carbs though, but need space on bench so got the engine basically back together so i can have room to work :ROFLMAO:

while i'm waiting till i can afford last bits for the vekta i thought i'd better show the dragon hammer a little love (y) :LOL:,
put the twin back in, fan sorted, temp sensors sorted, carbs/airboxes back on and lined up right,
pipes back on, wiring tidied under engine again, filters back on,
basically back where it was before the wont start/pullstart fecked palava (y) :ROFLMAO:,

while i'm waiting till i can afford last bits for the vekta i thought i'd better show the dragon hammer a little love (y) :LOL:,
put the twin back in, fan sorted, temp sensors sorted, carbs/airboxes back on and lined up right,
pipes back on, wiring tidied under engine again, filters back on,
basically back where it was before the wont start/pullstart fecked palava (y) :ROFLMAO:,

One of the baddest on the forum if not the best. Well done Paul nice one. 👍🏽

One of the baddest on the forum if not the best. Well done Paul nice one. 👍🏽
thanks miles (y) :),
i don't like to think its the baddest on the forum though, theres some pretty damn nice builds on here now (y),

Last edited:
back to a couple jobs on the hammer today,
nowt major, still havnt tried starting it since i flushed the twin out :ROFLMAO:, need to mix some fresh fuel,
anyways, the panels had been sat on the side for ages and were covered in crap, and some clearcoat over spray from sommat else, shoulda packed em away or covered em till i was gonna fit em 🤦‍♂️:LOL:,
gave em a good wash off, also gave my yeti xl cage a wash while i was at it (y),

then re buffed em with a 3'' air polisher i have (y),
remember these are painted on the outside of the lexan :),

all back to proper shiny again ready for fitting to the cage (y)(y),

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks