spents shorty roofchopper rail build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
added one of ryans @Rep732 pull start cable kits (y)(y),

what the inside of a roofchopper shorty battery box looks like, its tight :ROFLMAO:,
1600mah life battery is good for half of a day or so (y),

got this far and called it a day cos went dark outside :LOL:,
i did try the vrc side pipe and its a no no, cage in the way plus its a shorty, it would actually fit length wise but would be tight,
so ddm silenced dom went back on,

well its all back together and connected up apart from the under tray (y),
was in workshop and looked around me and thought feck, i'd better tidy some crap up again :LOL:,
i made a mistake when i listed the other owners of the rail frame before me as well,
original owner was cookie and not uk coop as i said :),

well below is a pic of the petrol/gas mix that came out of the rails tank,
i know for a fact it had rock oil in there, and thats blue, so no idea how it got to be the colour it is now :ROFLMAO:,
its been stood quite a while though,
still not fitted the under tray, been tidying the workshop up, thats finally done so quite tidy again for a while (y):ROFLMAO:,

Pint of Genius then eh😂
lmao doug, to be honest its rare for me to leave fuel in a tank for an extended time like this though,
usually gets fired up and run and burnt off, fresh fuel added in small quantity and fired up regular and repeat,
no idea what happened with that fuel but its feckin horrible colour wise and consistency wise,
well id know, its gone off :ROFLMAO:,
wonr be happening again (y)

It's oxidation of the fuel, breakdown of the oil, could be some algae in it too. Pretty normal looking for crusty old 2 stroke gas.
yeh its pretty feckin awful sean :LOL:, in hindsight i shouldnt even have fired the engine up with that fuel in there, shoulda drained it off and used fresh,

sooooo, refitted the under tray and got it off the bench (y),
some will notice in the pic that theres no pull start on it :ROFLMAO:,
now theres a story here :D,
on the floor, fresh fuel mix, pulled over a few times and it pops,
choke off, fires for a second or two then dies, always does this when its been stripped/flushed and carb reset etc,
up the idle scre 1/2 a turn,
next pull it fires for a second again, getting there (y)
next pull the feckin pull start ate itself :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤦‍♂️,

think i must have pissed off the pull start gods or sommat lately :LOL:,

drive dog doodad split wide open and jammed the starter, at the same time the spring jumped so cables now slack ish,

gonna have to have a look through spares boxes and see if i have a decent starter or the parts to fix this one,
in the end i just fired the vekta up instead so at least i've had sommat running today, plus i smell of castrol now so am happier :ROFLMAO:,
good old 3 pulls and its running spovan 45 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,

found a metal pawl in spares box (y) , put it all back together and tested before refitting to the engine,
turns out theres sommat else busted cos the main spring wont hold now, it just dislocates when ya pull the cable a few times,
time for a fresh pullstart i reckon (y):D,
i do have a few kicking around but there all old, or spares only if that makes sense :LOL:

still not ordered a starter for the rail yet :ROFLMAO:,
was looking through my box o bits and found my old v2 turtle starter though,
it crapped the bed last time i used it in a big way :LOL:,
am tempted to see if i can repair it, but convert it from an easy start with secondary spring to just a normal starter ,

main issue is the centre bolt sheared off last time and is proper stuck :LOL:,
but if i can get that out i will try and make it usable i think, maybe , possibly :ROFLMAO:,
it will probably need drilling out and an easy out using on it ,
but as i have a lathe i can chuck it up and drill dead centre (y),

the turtle starter case does look really nice on the rail,
ant suggestions as to yay or nay on whether i should fix/mod this starter ? :D,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks