spents shorty roofchopper rail build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i chucked up the starter case and squared off the end of the bolt thats snapped off,
drilled it out and removed it (y),
sounds easy but hah, it fought me for what seemed like forever :ROFLMAO:,
re tapped the hole/chased the threads out, the top couple of threads are toast, but theres around 15mm of thread to play with in the hole (y),

cleaned up the face of the spool cos that was all chewed up an all :LOL:,

lossely fitted it together to check some stuff,
nt sure whether to lock it up or fit the secondary ''ezi start'' spring yet,
also needs just under 1mm taking off the centre post to tighten the tolerances back up again,
needs one of ryans @Rep732 cable kits fitting then will give it a try and see if its okily dokily (y)(y),

made this little stub/spacer doodad today ,

the idea is to take up the slop and stop the plastic dog doodad flexing so much,
when that dog flexes the secondary spring forces its way between the plastic and alloy part of the spool jamming everything up,
hopefully this fixes that issue (y),

bit more machining to take slop out, then reassembled , fitted one of ryans cables etc (y),
fitted with a secondary spring for now to see what happens,
if it eats itself again then i'll lock the dog to the spool and try again (y),

gave it a bit of a buff :D,

just need to find some small shims now to take the slop out of the pawl cage (y),
then can fit it and see if it works proper,

found some shims to shim the pawl cage with (y), thats taken most of the slop out now,
fitted the pawl cage, must have picked up a cheese screw by mistake and turned the head straight out of it when tightening :LOL:,
removed it and found some torx head bolts , much better with torx in there (y),

fitted the starter, it pulls over fine, will see if the secondary spring holds up :D,

i want to change the carb out before i try and fire it up again though, it has a 668 on at moment,
found an almost new 1107 in spares box, as well as a carb i'm not quite sure about,
its stamped 989 ?
989 is on the left in the pic,

lmao ryan, yeh i just checked 997 is what on my twin , and there a 668, so 997, 989 are same as 668,
any advance on these ?
i bet sean could come up with a looooooooooong list of equivalent numbers off the top of his head (y):D,
There are a lot of carb numbers that Interchange. If you look at the break down of each carb you'll see the bore and venturi are the same, but they changed this or that and gave it a different number. Could be as simple as no purge assembly, or the metering spring is specific for a certain mfg. They all basically run the same in the end.

There are a lot of carb numbers that Interchange. If you look at the break down of each carb you'll see the bore and venturi are the same, but they changed this or that and gave it a different number. Could be as simple as no purge assembly, or the metering spring is specific for a certain mfg. They all basically run the same in the end.
sean (y)(y),

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks