spents vekta.5 lse build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah bummer on that.
I just need my dam ddm, and killer rc orders to show up, to get mine finished.
lol, thought i answered this last night sean, obviousley not though :ROFLMAO:,
yeh sucks wi the savox's i was a die hard savox fan before the issues wi these, went to hitec 840 and 845 and they been fine,
which is strange cos it seems you and a few others are having glitch issues wi the hitecs,
most strange tbh

right, so zelda/spovan 45 removed from the basher/test baja ,
left all the hardware etc for the bajas next engine. or the 45 if it wouldnt fit the vekta (y)

yes its a rofun, or zeeshan special / zelda / spovan :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

the rofun 45 test fitted loosely, one hole a tad out, but needs very slight mods in other areas to fit,

this is one of needs modding areas, the centre shaft just catches the fan case ,
so fan case needs notching a tad ,
ya can see the rub mark on the shaft itself, no issues with the pull starter catching though (y)

actualey surprised me how much space this engine takes up,
its a fairly tight fit when all said and done :LOL:,
no issues with the bell catching or owt though when the three centre box bolts are tightened down, ryan had an issue in this place with his engine in his vekta,

Nice spents (y) .. 2 things to ask
1. I used a zen clutch holder and it pushed the clutch too far toward the trans catching the bell. Are you using a zen or cy holder? The solution was a cy clutch holder.
2. Is that a cy or zen fan cover? I used the zen fan cover and it lines up perfect 👌

right, so zelda/spovan 45 removed from the basher/test baja ,
left all the hardware etc for the bajas next engine. or the 45 if it wouldnt fit the vekta (y)

yes its a rofun, or zeeshan special / zelda / spovan :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

the rofun 45 test fitted loosely, one hole a tad out, but needs very slight mods in other areas to fit,

this is one of needs modding areas, the centre shaft just catches the fan case ,
so fan case needs notching a tad ,
ya can see the rub mark on the shaft itself, no issues with the pull starter catching though (y)

actualey surprised me how much space this engine takes up,
its a fairly tight fit when all said and done :LOL:,
no issues with the bell catching or owt though when the three centre box bolts are tightened down, ryan had an issue in this place with his engine in his vekta,

Olimat Simon has this setup spents 👍🏻

lol, thought i answered this last night sean, obviousley not though :ROFLMAO:,
yeh sucks wi the savox's i was a die hard savox fan before the issues wi these, went to hitec 840 and 845 and they been fine,
which is strange cos it seems you and a few others are having glitch issues wi the hitecs,
most strange tbh
Seems the companies go in phases for quality control. 🙄.

That's what I would call SNUG.
As for that hole not aligning properly, a small round file and 10seconds of filing looks like it will have that sorted.
yeh defo snug kev :ROFLMAO:, may just need any reliefs cutting for centre shaft and it moves the right way without the need to file the chassis (y),
might slacken the centre gearbox/slipper and see if that makes it all line up , then retighten etc,
Nice spents (y) .. 2 things to ask
1. I used a zen clutch holder and it pushed the clutch too far toward the trans catching the bell. Are you using a zen or cy holder? The solution was a cy clutch holder.
2. Is that a cy or zen fan cover? I used the zen fan cover and it lines up perfect 👌

thanks ryan, ( aka billy or dusty or frank ) see who gets that one :D (y),
i think the fan cover is rofun 45 specific ryan, i need to check that tomorrow though,
and also i need to check what clutch cover/holder i'm using, its the one that came with the 45 and is supposed to be for a baja, doesn't catch the bell though, may catch when i get everything lined up and clearing proper though,
i have plenty of different fan covers and clutch covers kickin around the workshop anyways (y)(y)
Olimat Simon has this setup spents 👍🏻
top banana then doug, did he say how he liked it ? or howit ran etc, bet he has his own pipe fitted an all though (y) (y)
Seems the companies go in phases for quality control. 🙄.
yeh seems that way sean :(, could be same dude worked for both companeies, gets fired then fecks up hitec later on wi same issues :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,
nah it happens don't it, every company is gonna have a quality issue at some point,
slips through the net etc,

Last edited:
Said three things
1 thing (vekta) is a fiddlesticking turd😳🤦‍♂️😆
2 nose dived on braking to the point of a forward rolls (vekta)🤦‍♂️😆
3 the 45 dropped the ring ....😳 put a new head ran fine since👍🏻🤔 (nofun) 😆
top banana then doug, did he say how he liked it ? or howit ran etc, bet he has his own pipe fitted an all though (y) (y)
Sounds like a blast 😆😆😆😉

He's said something to the tune of
"Designed backwards by retarded Chinese twats"🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣
i can understand why he said that doug :ROFLMAO: ,
tbh, once you get used to the tippy bit, mine should be better now i slammed the engine and everything i can as low as possible,
and the torque twist, just have to remember to steer left a tad when ya nail the throttle or it fecks off to the right wi one front wheel in the air (y),
i find the dragon hammer fun, different way of driving needed thats all,
aka its a feckin challenge :ROFLMAO:,
oh, and once ya learn how to stop it snapping rear diff drive pins its fine :LOL:

Not sure 🤷‍♂️ i have no experience with either🤔 but he was moaning about dh drive line setup🤷‍♂️
yeh issues wi the dragon hammer drive line doug ,
1, wheel drive oins 5mm, thats spot on, diff drive pins 3.5mm , thats shite :LOL: , same as dbxl though when all said an done, ya cant bore out the holes to use 4mm pins cos then the outdrive would fail ,
2, the centre rear drive shaft has to much of an angle on it which causes it to eat the shaft pins like theres no tomorrow :LOL:, mine aint bad now cos i made the plus 35mm chassis and that shaft is now much straighter (y),
3,an alloy front diff case is a must, or it'll strip the cownwheel/pinion under braking, ask me how i know :ROFLMAO:,
4,alloy centre.carrier for rear axle a must cos same as front :ROFLMAO:,
5, if ya run a higher powered engine and rag the sack off it, like me :D, the centre diff gets very hot then it will actually blow the diff fluid past the diffs o rings and all over the brakes, first sign of this is when ya hit the brakes and there hot, big cloud of white smoke and hardly any brakes cos there covered in silicon :ROFLMAO:,
actually all three diffs get quite hot, hence the mr melty with plastic diff cases :LOL:,
as far as i'm concerned all the above are quirks doug, dragon hammer is still a blast to own and run (y):D,
i get what simon says though, not the best design around

Did say dh and dbxl bulkhead/diff cases where the same👍🏻
yeh there the same doug (y), i have a dbxl alloy front diff case in the DH cos its better made than the fid one,
just have to run the dbxl one upside down to get the drive direction right at the front,
no mods needed though, diff case fits either way up into the front bulkhead (y)

yeh there the same doug (y), i have a dbxl alloy front diff case in the DH cos its better made than the fid one,
just have to run the dbxl one upside down to get the drive direction right at the front,
no mods needed though, diff case fits either way up into the front bulkhead (y)
That's funny that a dbxl part is better then a fid part, when the best upgrades for a dbxl are made by fid 🤣

That's funny that a dbxl part is better then a fid part, when the best upgrades for a dbxl are made by fid 🤣
yeh i agree sean, fid parts are spot on, and usually the better option, not sure who made the case i have but its way better than the fid one looks wise and quality wise an all (y),
was also twice as expensive as the fid one :ROFLMAO:

bit of an in out in out day with the engine today, well, yesterday now :LOL:,
been sorting the fitment out , so had a spare new zen clutch case doodad sat in my spares box,
the one fitted to the zelda, spovan 45 was a baja one, my spare was a short version or losi one thats 2mm shorter,
so, clutch off, clutch perch/holder off and swapped cases over,
then refit perch and clutch etc, just snug so it could come back apart easy if it didnt sort the hole alignment,

engine went back in and we have a winner :ROFLMAO:,
holes line up and clutch still clears the bell without catching the weld (y),
so no need to dremel the chassis (y)

next was engine back out , fan cover and pull start off and notch the fan cover,
i did repaint the notched bit when finished as well :D,

engine went in an out a couple o times till i was happy with the fit and the clearance etc,
then loctited the bits that needed it and engine went back in for good, i hope , or till it blows or sommat like that :ROFLMAO:
bottom screws and the alloy cupped washers now fit where they should be (y),

centre shaft now clears the fan cover with plenty o room , also notched the plastic chassis brace,

and engine final fitted , ran the kill switch wire through the slot under the chassis brace as well

then started on the kraken air box doodad,
i really aint impressed wi this bit, way over complicated and fiddly to assemble
for the amount of time needed to put this thing together it woulda been much better to supply an alloy version instead of the plastic one in my opinion,
oiled the inner filter and left it there for the day,
the oil i use is meant for foam filters but has a solvent to carry the oil right through the filter, so once soaked and excess squeezed out it needs to be left a while for solvent to evaporate, gonna use the kraken air box for now till i think of a better way, and untill after the cage and panels are fitted to see how much room there is for an alternative filter setup (y),

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks