spents vekta.5 lse build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try switching them from digital to analog or vice versa. Sometimes that helps,
tried everything with em john, think i just ended up with a bad pair of servos ,
tbh i never bought em, they were in the dragon hammer when i bought it off a mate,
they had issues when he owned the hammer, where we ran back then there were dead spots for signal, plus timing loops and electrical wiring running under the field for olivers mount race circuit, (full size circuit not rc one) , we just assumed at the time that was the problem :D

so today i attempted to straighten the vekta cage out a tad (y),
straps round the top to pull the bent side in then gentle heat wi a heat gun,

took a few goes, but it worked (y),
cage is much more symetrical now,
heat up, wait for it to cool down,check it, repeat till right

much closer now, and wont need to mod the plenum doodad or insulator, just gonna notch the cage where the plenum sits

will just add tape to mark out then use the dremel to cut reliefs in the cage so it don't rub,
and aint touching the cage when running etc (y),

now, the battery box,
no idea what kraken were thinkin wi this,
pic with a killer rc 4200mah battery in, i can't even get the lid on wi a small battery without forcing the wires,
gonna have to have a think about this one :D,

and a couple o pics of vekta cage next to dragon hammer one,
bare in mind the DH one has been modded , extended 35mm with carbon fibre bits and a few bits chopped out to clear parts on the twin :LOL:

Doing a quality job, Spents! 👍🏻 I can’t help but feel a little for you guys doing these builds. It seems like there are still a bunch of small quality control issues for a rig at this price point.

I love the aesthetics of these rigs and my urge to drink the cool aid keeps growing!🤣

My cage touches the intake as well spents..wasn't too concerned as its a very minor rub
yeh mines a tad more than a touch though ryan :LOL:,
its the zelda spovan 45 being wider at the head that pushes the plenum doodad out further,
if it just to say touched i'd leave it alone tbh, just needs like 3-4mm so everything ids tickety boo (y):ROFLMAO:
Doing a quality job, Spents! 👍🏻 I can’t help but feel a little for you guys doing these builds. It seems like there are still a bunch of small quality control issues for a rig at this price point.

I love the aesthetics of these rigs and my urge to drink the cool aid keeps growing!🤣
thanks bizzer (y)(y),
yeh its just minor stuff tbh, easy fixable but yeh at the price you'd expect it to be spot on, especially as its kraken,
it really is a nice kit though

cut a relief wi the dremel today so the cage fits over the plenum proper, cage fastens on as it should now (y)(y),

booster pipe is tight, but does clear the cage,
need to have a look and see if i can make some sort of quick release for the side fasteners on the cage as well,
had a look on rcmax site and only seems to be the rear ones available as quick release and not the lower side ones,

then started on setting out the panels and drilling some holes for mounting screws,
just drilled the same size as the cage holes and will then buzz round and drill em all out a tad bigger,
panels wernt the best fit either, but made em fit the best i could (y):LOL:,
one of the door holes on the cage aint needed cos the hole comes through the panel in a weird place,
numbnut here drilled that one from the inside so now has a useless hole on one door panel ,
only did it on one side though :ROFLMAO:,
shopping basket still not fitted either, anyone else noticed the basket cover panel is too wide ?

cut a relief wi the dremel today so the cage fits over the plenum proper, cage fastens on as it should now (y)(y),

booster pipe is tight, but does clear the cage,
need to have a look and see if i can make some sort of quick release for the side fasteners on the cage as well,
had a look on rcmax site and only seems to be the rear ones available as quick release and not the lower side ones,

then started on setting out the panels and drilling some holes for mounting screws,
just drilled the same size as the cage holes and will then buzz round and drill em all out a tad bigger,
panels wernt the best fit either, but made em fit the best i could (y):LOL:,
one of the door holes on the cage aint needed cos the hole comes through the panel in a weird place,
numbnut here drilled that one from the inside so now has a useless hole on one door panel ,
only did it on one side though :ROFLMAO:,
shopping basket still not fitted either, anyone else noticed the basket cover panel is too wide ?

Good thing the hole should be covered by a wrap unless you paint it lol. Great job though so far, my body wasnt a perfect fit either, but came out alright

Good thing the hole should be covered by a wrap unless you paint it lol. Great job though so far, my body wasnt a perfect fit either, but came out alright
yeh gonna paint solid colour for now john, i can always put a small sticker over the hole though (y):ROFLMAO:,
not planning on using the kraken wrap that came with it, not that keen on it tbh,
may get a joker design one done in the future, or just sticker it up a little,

Last edited:
finished drilling out the panel mounting holes to full size (y),
thats 53 holes if i remember right :ROFLMAO:,
put panels back in there box till i decide on paint,
am now online looking for an rx battery that will fit in the stock box,
box may be getting modded if i cant find owt suitable :ROFLMAO:,

soooooo as it turns out i already had a suitable battery that powers the dragon hammer 🤦‍♂️:ROFLMAO:,
killer rc 6000mah lipo, it fits (y), no one seems to have em in stock in uk though, but the 7000mah one is a tad deeper one way and should fit as well,
if not the 7000mah one will defo fit in the dragon hammer battery box, so can just use the 6000 for the vekta (y),
fingers crossed rcmax still have the 7000 in stock when i can afford one in a week or so :LOL:,

Last edited:
not much done, but lopped the steering servo mounts off the back of the stock kraken battery box,

i know everyone that uses the stock batt box has this issue,
but who in there right mind at kraken thought it was a good idea to put the antenna outlet here :ROFLMAO:,

any pipe other than a stock can and yer antenna is gettin fried by the pipe :ROFLMAO:,
methinks that outlets gettin shifted nearer the switch end (y):D,

lmao, well the one week till i order some servos went out the window :ROFLMAO:,
hopefully now at about 3 weeks later i will be ordering servos in the coming week though (y),
need a fresh rx an all and a battery, and etc etc :D,
was having a look at the battery box today as well, i really need to do sommat wi it,
its just way too small, cant afford a haric box yet, so either i'm gonna put up wi the stock one or see if i can make my own (y),

How kv5 compared to DH?
no ydea if ya mean running wise mate, not finished the kv5 yet (y),
vekta a lot chunkier on the parts though (y)
bound/binded/bounded, whatever :ROFLMAO: the rx to the 4pls and checked everything worked (y),

rubber grmit doodad stuck out a fair bit at wire end and throws off the alloy mount,
so machined a relief in it,

servos fitted, throttle/brake servo was easy cos fits snug between the vertigo mounts,
steering servo was a tad fiddly and had to machine about 1 1/4 mm off the face of each mount to get a nice fit (y),

horns fitted, not 100% sure on these yet, steering one needs moving in one hole i thinks so theres a straight run wi the steering arm etc,
gonna run em and see what happens though (y):D,
took a lot longer than i expected fitting servos cos of the machining needed to get steering servo in , so thats it for this update :LOL:,

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks