spents vekta.5 lse build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Savox you should see my Hitech's they look like theyre spasm'ing and yeah I am late to the party

It;s looking good so far Spents and after seeing what you did with your other rigs I will be keeping an eye on this one for sure.
thanks siblues (y)(y), yeh the vekta will evolve over time mate, it will be run stockish for now then get the treatment as and when funds allow (y):LOL:,

and yeh my savox were doing the same as your hitecs, tried mine on multiple different tx/rx sets and did the same every time, not engine interference either cos was off , really strange it is :LOL:
Which plate did you end up using. Baja or losi?
losi one mick, the short one (y)(y)

short one today,
finished fitting the wanky kraken air box doodad, really does need sommat different i think,
then dug out a couple of servo horns so i could roughly set up the throttle/brake linkage ,
and so i could at least fasten the steering arm somewhere so it aint flappin around all the time :LOL:,
these horns are crap, i'll get some better ones when i order the servos that are goin in (y),

no pics of owt else i did cos was just workin stuff out,
tank will get brass doodads on , thought i had loadsa good fuel line, but musta used it,
want to replace the stock stuff really,
and also had a close look at the booster pipe header, looks like i should be able to mod it without cutting and welding for the zelda, spovan 45 (y)
just gonna see if i can widen the holes and shape the flange opening with the dremel

slow progress the last couple o days (family stuff/issues)
but did a small amount (y),
sorted the brass fuel doodads out and the clunk etc,

fitted the clunk and fitted fuel tank,

getting closer and closer now (y)(y):D

was curious to see if everything cleared the tank when rear suspension was fully compressed, yes it does wi miles of room (y):LOL:,

gonna be a week or so before i can order the servos, fuel line etc,
so next job i think will be modify the booster pipe header to fit the zelda/spovan 45 (y):ROFLMAO:

sooooooo, reshaped the flange on the header to suit the zelda/spovan 45 (y)

not the best pic this, but got a decent match to the gasket/exhaust port exit,
bolted to my spare head for the 45

header fits spot on (y)(y),

pipe fitted not so spot on :ROFLMAO:,

took a file to the hole and elongated it a tad,
i knew i was gonna have a few issues wi this cos the rofun 45 is a bit biigger on the head and the cases,
fiys now though :D, had to also tweek the other mounting bracket round a bit an all,
hardware that comes wi the booster pipe is complete crap, so those bolts will be binned and i'll use fresh better quality ones,

test fitted the cage loosely, clears the pipe, bit close at the front but it clears (y)(y)

aaaaaand this is where a few issues start to crop up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,
the kraken plenum, airbox doodad don't clear at all on the right side of the cage, gonna have to mod the plenum a tad and probably the cage a tad as well,
no big deal though, its the engines dimensions thats screwing with it, i'm sure lots of people have had issues especially the fellas that have fitted alx and rcmax engines,
i'mm have a look at a zen insulator block as well and see if there a shade shorter,

and the next issue is the pull starter, its an easy fix though, just needs taking off and turning 1/4 turn so ya start it from the right side instead of vertically (y),
but the real issue is ya cant get to one starter bolt, so either engine has to come back out or the front end off 🤦‍♂️:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,

edit; yes the pipes silicone hose aint on there,
but pipe needs to come back off to do fuel lines etc, this was just a test fit (y) (y) :D

small update,
had to take the front end off just to change the pullstarter angle from this,

to this :LOL:,

front back on again (y),

then turned attention to the cage, if ya look at the pic , the arrow is where the side is way off/mis shapen,
my ocd wont accept it, it needs strapping and heat gun on to straighten out a tad :LOL:,
at least get it to fit the vekta before i look at modding it around the vekta plenum doodad and zelda/spovan 45,
anyone elses cages been bent outa shape by a large amount ?

Not to much left, yes savox I have never cared for. Everyone I've ever had has made extreme amounts of noise.
yeh i swear by the smaller savox servos john, just the jumbo ones i had issues with,
sure i posted this vid a while ago on here somewhere, but shows the issues i had when they were in the dragon hammer,
also tried em on multiple tx/rx sets of futaba and etronix did the same on every setup 🤷‍♂️,
i think there possessed :ROFLMAO:,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks