spents vekta.5 lse build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefully postimage is working proper now :ROFLMAO:,
front end built up minus shocks, not decided on oil wt yet :D

front sway bar kit fitted as well (y)

then skipped most of the instruction manual and went straight to the rear axle and bag k :ROFLMAO:,
thought i'd build up in units then bolt together ,

fitted axle pinion and diff, greased that up well :D,
then assembled rear axles and toe adjusters, left it there cos wanted to ask how much lube anyone puts on shaft ends ?
if any, dry or just grease cos its enclosed etc,

decided to build it up with the stock centre tranny bits for now, it will get the vertigo version at some point, but funds will need spending on other bits for the build first (y)

update (y):D,
rear axle assembled, vertigo doodad top link doodad fitted, toe set at 1 degree and that means 3.5 degree of camber as well, i think :ROFLMAO:,

couple of pics of vekta axle against dragon hammer axle, comparison pics (y),

loosely assembled the rear telescopic shaft , wanted to check it after sean in particular said his was out on the index ,
was way off with the splines one way, but flipped 180 and its very very close, just a shade out (y)

rear upper and lower links along with the rear swaybar links assembled,
rear lowers are a right proper pain to assemble though :LOL: as i bet a few others have found out,

and these doodads for the rear axle, there 1mm undersize compared to the balls in the lower links,
gonna have to shave a tad off the balls i reckon,
it will get the vertigo ones in future sometime though,

and slipper clutch and gearbox assembled as well, yes it does have what seems to be the standard wobbly bell that rep has on his,
this will also be upgraded to the vertigo one further down the line,

rcr brakes fitted as well (y),

For me it’s a big part of the fun. 👍🏽
same for me miles the build itself and solving any issues is always half the fun (y)(y)
You have a goal when you will run it?
nah john, just when its finished, or built , rc builds are never finished are they (y):LOL:
I'll put this on here since spents may run into this as well... I have just noticed the front dog bone rubs on the pull start case.??... I put my outer wears on and it rubs..
thanks ryan (y) , i may run into that issues then, as ya know i'm gonna use the zelda/spovan 45 to start wi, and that has an oddball starter on it,

short one today, only got half an hour or so in workshop :D,
fited rearsway bar doodads and plastic brackets to the side plates,
left the throttle servo mounts off for the moment cos aint sure what i'm doing servo wise yet,
full size or normal size i mean,

then fitted the plastic brace, it will be upgraded at later date to an alloy one though,
and plastic mount thingys fitted,
plus centre box mounted (y),
surprised how small the main chassis seems, i'll try and remember to do a side by side comparison pic with a dragon hammer one before i get any further,

more done today (y),
firsst off a side by side pic of vekta chassis and dragon hammer one,
vekta one is very small compared to the DH,

decided to build the shocks up using the stock oils,
but used 4 hole pistons all round instead of the 8 hole ones in the rears,
they don't feel too bad tbh, but will see how they fair , changing the oil aint a bad job anyways if or when needed (y)
took my time with em, i like building shocks :D,

couple of comparison pics, front vekta shock against front dragon hammer,

and a rear comparison,

front shocks fitted , front end finished now apart from the hexes,
oh, and same as seans kit, missing m8 nuts for the top ball mounts, had plenty kicking around though :D(y)

yesterday i said the rear lower arm holders for the axle were 1mm under size,
so shaved the sides of my balls :ROFLMAO:,
fits nice and snug now, i do remember someone on here building a vekta and they snapped one of the arm holders trying to gets the balls in, cant remember who it was though,

side plates dry/test fitted so i know where stuff goes before i loctite the screws,
still not sorted the throttle servo mounts yet either, plastic ones in the kit look a tad crappy tbh,
needs alloy ones i think for sure,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks