Z's HPI Baja PT:2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aluminum absorbs heat ,an stays hot until the heat source is shut off ,it heats up faster an cools off faster is all!

Aluminum was primarily used for a light weight durable material!

We use aluminum fins on some of our radios for cooling . The key is you need air flowing over the fins to cool them. Motorcycle manufactures have been using aluminum Cylinder heads for years on air cooled engines with fins.

I don't get how in the same thread the obr isolater block was called good, but the RB one bad. No way the fins would make it worse. Has anyone used the RB one?
I've used the rbmods one and can send it to you if you would like to try it. All I can say is it didnt work for me and my Losi 5b.

I'd rather have alloy because they will never warp. I'll run this plastic for a bit, but I will be going back to aluminum

Maybe I might try aluminum an see what they are about ,I never had one ,but messing with these cheap engines ,I guess
they use the cheap plastic or wanna-be carbon ones ,I know back in the day ,they didnt use that cheap shiton these 2 stroke
engines!
I will take a pic of a old school one here in a minute ,I just came across it in my stash!.... :unsure:

I have a alloy one since I ported my zen g320. Hasn't been an issue. With the teflon gaskets. It's not the rb one though, tbh I wouldnt buy ? from them. Only reason I went alloy was the plastic one was too thin once I had it ground for port matching. Also I'll note that there are many, many 2 strokes that use alloy manifolds with great success. But I'll admit we here on this forum do seem to have issues with then from time to time.

Cylinder and stuff looks good, can't see any damage thru the ports or spark plug hole. But should I still pop the top end off (get a new gasket) and check it out to make sure there ain't no poop in there?

If your that worried about it you'd need a full tear down. New bearings, ring, gaskets, and seals. How it spin over (by hand) with the plug out? Nice and smooth? Still have good compression? How about the cylinder have any dulled out looking spots?

If your that worried about it you'd need a full tear down. New bearings, ring, gaskets, and seals. How it spin over (by hand) with the plug out? Nice and smooth? Still have good compression? How about the cylinder have any dulled out looking spots?
Spins over fine, compression is just like it has always been, there's no spots or anything in the bore that I can see.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks