Z's HPI Baja PT:2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Z they make these things called FUNNELS. They help to pour stuff .... oh like gas into small openings so you don't get it all over the damn place. You should really try one some time. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh wait I get it ,you're soaking the whole front of the baja in fuel and hoping someone will through a match on it as they walk by. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jesus feking Christ I post one pic ????? the screen under the header is an idea I got from @AnubisBC to keep grass out, you'd be surprised how well it works. As for the air filter, the little redneck get compressed a good bit with the "outerwear" on it, so it squeezes the oil out a bit. Nothing to worry about. I'll check the actual air filter and see if it needs cleaning, the outerwear does for sure. The front end is so dirty simply chase the dirt I run in. It's just dust, it gets every were. Holes in the radio box top? That radio box top came off Frankie, never replaced it but I need to cuz it's feking ugly.
Z, you should start from ground zero with your baja. Correct all the fundamentals before upgrading anything else. Strip her down, clean and build it back up correctly. You will have to do this if you are planning on any successful runs bro.
I did that a few months /weeks back, the truck itself is structurally sound. There's nothing half assed on it, it's just dirty cuz I don't give a fek about cleaning it cuz I run it almost every single day. Not sitting on a shelf like some other people i know ?
K I'm just going to buy the hostile boots one more time. They will get me on the road for a few weeks/months till winter time ?
Btw, chassis isn't bent and the gear mesh is perfect. The hostile gears are just simply poop
IMG_20200823_013618.jpg

So the Baja 5t and 5b have different transmission gear ratios right? So what gears in my transmission do I have to replace in there to convert my transmission from a 5b to a 5t? How many teath does the Baja 5b one have vs the 5t one?
Depending on how much it costs I kinda want to try out the Baja 5t gearing to see if I can get the sweet spot of torque and top end

You'll get more torque out of the shorter 5b tires with the 5t idler, but it's a small percentage difference. Only about 5% if I recall correctly.

With that motor you can get wheelies, or you can get gobs of speed. You can't get both. Are you really unhappy with the amount of speed you're getting from the 19/55 gearing? I'm back to running stock 17/55 on my 5t at tthe moment and it's still plenty fast enough to break things.

i noticed the pivot ball hole on my rear shock (on the cap) has stetched a bit and has a bit of slop, no big deal but how common is this? its plastic. want aluminum but it will work for now.
You'll get more torque out of the shorter 5b tires with the 5t idler, but it's a small percentage difference. Only about 5% if I recall correctly.

With that motor you can get wheelies, or you can get gobs of speed. You can't get both. Are you really unhappy with the amount of speed you're getting from the 19/55 gearing? I'm back to running stock 17/55 on my 5t at tthe moment and it's still plenty fast enough to break things.
im not unhappy with the speed at all. its bottom end that is slightly lacking. i will sacrafice top end a good bit if i went 17/57 or 18/56. so i was interested in this 5t transmission idler, but 5% don't sound noticable at all

Back