Doug's hpi 5B SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K so after the RCR pads melting disaster 🤦‍♂️ im gonna make some more pads👍🏻 i have some copper plate and whats left of the old pads20210527_151751.jpg
I'll melt them down and send an ingot through my mill🤣👏🏻 all the other bits are still in hand 🤔 the discs and shim + the cam piece 👍🏻 at this point all i have nothing to lose is time spent 🤔👏🏻

K so after the RCR pads melting disaster 🤦‍♂️ im gonna make some more pads👍🏻 i have some copper plate and whats left of the old padsView attachment 73954
I'll melt them down and send an ingot through my mill🤣👏🏻 all the other bits are still in hand 🤔 the discs and shim + the cam piece 👍🏻 at this point all i have nothing to lose is time spent 🤔👏🏻
Should be using a bronze, copper is awfully soft.

Rekon the original pads are copper 🤔 and besides ill used 98%of the original material to make the new pads
Yeah I think that's the issue.... its too soft to begin with. We use bronze brakes here at work. It's one of the last things we have to worry about wearing out fast. Even brass would be a better option then copper. Keen to see how you make out now. Especially adding the copper sheet to it. Do you have a way to measure hardness?

It is OTT
Nah we had a harness tester at the machine shop. Basically its a calibrated ball drop. You monitored how high the ball bounced off the work piece. Came within a few Rockwell. Close enough for 90% of the work we did. Didn't know if Doug had anything, because of being a jewelery maker. Would seem like it's something that would handy to tell if your metals are quality or not.

Yeah not dropping jack on my jewelry 😂🤣😆
Nah we had a harness tester at the machine shop. Basically its a calibrated ball drop. You monitored how high the ball bounced off the work piece. Came within a few Rockwell. Close enough for 90% of the work we did. Didn't know if Doug had anything, because of being a jewelery maker. Would seem like it's something that would handy to tell if your metals are quality or not.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks