Facebook groups make me laugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can put a slight finish on it without an issue assuming the cylinder is round or setup in torque plates. BUT the issues is you may be ruining the finish on it as it was designed. It is amazing how much the grit and the way you finish it will effect both power and longevity. So some people may not realize they think they are doing good but in the end are actually hurting themselves.
I'm just speaking in terms of trying to get more time out of the engine. I don't expect a honed cylinder that isn't replated to last 2 seasons.

I'm just speaking in terms of trying to get more time out of the engine. I don't expect a honed cylinder that isn't replated to last 2 seasons.
Already has a new engine. I'll have a local racer look at it once the track reopens. And the other has the obr 34 full mod. I just think its funny that these MASTER builders all talk this big game but then say not for hire...

Yep it's called dieseiling, or after run. Typically means there is a hot spot in the combustion chamber allowing the fuel mix to be ignited, this can also mean there is extensive carbon build up in the chamber as well. I doubt most of our engines get enough use where it would be a major concern.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks