Hpi 5sc refresh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can run some stainless mesh in the window for that desert racer look.... keep thinking about it for my 5ive t.
I thought about it, would look good too. Shoe goo would probably do the trick.

Degreased the entire thing today. New fuel lines, and front bumper brace. Pulled the diff and installed new pins in the shafts and rotated to the next slot in the FLM cups. Threw some fresh grease in while I was at it. Found out the battery pack was completely toast so got a new one on order. Ordered a few more bits including the rubber washer/pin retainers for the body clips and some shock parts. Reinstalled the front and rear sway bars to see if I like them or not. The last bit was resetting the tires on the beadlocks. The lock rings are beat up pretty bad but should work just fine.

20210719_212434.jpg

Well the lower control arms were pretty scraped up and the shock threads are stripping out on the rear arms. Decided to go ahead and order a full set of RPM upper and lower arms. Figure they will be a worthy upgrade to compliment the other parts it already has.

What is the general opinion of an aluminum front bulkhead? Mainly how much strength does it add to the front end?

What is the general opinion of an aluminum front bulkhead? Mainly how much strength does it add to the front end?
I say do it. Get the rcmax one . I keep breaking them so it's a good way to go . You'll transfer the damage to the shcok tower but it's much easier to find a plastic shock tower then it is to find a stock front bulkhead.

I say do it. Get the rcmax one . I keep breaking them so it's a good way to go . You'll transfer the damage to the shcok tower but it's much easier to find a plastic shock tower then it is to find a stock front bulkhead.

What about the rear bulk head(s). Installing the RPM arms and the rear bulkhead(s) seem to be pretty stout and positioned as such to limit possible damage.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks