Raminator Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think all this back and forth banter is funny. At the end of the day who gives a poop what top end is used on a reed case? if it blows up Chris will stand good for it.
I just don't understand the disapproval of the way these guys make money. I highly doubt anyone on this forum would turn down free 1/5 scales, regardless of the brand. I don't think Botajell needs or gets free stuff though. Im sure a few things have come his way but thats the perks of a bigger channel. I also doubt anyone here would complain if their channels took off and they reaped the rewards.

Bartalone makes awsome engines, and from what I understand does it all by hand. His products are unobtainable to most. I think its awsome more people will be able to afford fast engines. There is literally zero downside to it. They both also seem like cool guys. I don't know them, but see no reason they should have their integrity crapped on in a place a lot of rc enthusiasts end up.

Last edited:
I just don't understand the disapproval of the way these guys make money. I highly doubt anyone on this forum would turn down free 1/5 scales, regardless of the brand. I don't think Botajell needs or gets free stuff though. Im sure a few things have come his way but thats the perks of a bigger channel. I also doubt anyone here would complain if their channels took off and they reaped the rewards.

Bartalone makes awsome engines, and from what I understand does it all by hand. His products are unobtainable to most. I think its awsome more people will be able to afford fast engines. There is literally zero downside to it. They both also seem like cool guys. I don't know them, but see no reason they should have their integrity crapped on in a place a lot of rc enthusiasts end up.
Well Said !!!!

It's finally come to this !!!! The t.m.r. motor is going back , been talking with Fred Taylor from rcax , there coming out with a 50gt motor to fit the ram , and it's a couple hundred dollars more than the pipeless t.m.r. , they come out in October or before , so hopefully I won't require a rake to collect my parts on the way back to the truck (HOPEFULLY )????

It's finally come to this !!!! The t.m.r. motor is going back , been talking with Fred Taylor from rcax , there coming out with a 50gt motor to fit the ram , and it's a couple hundred dollars more than the pipeless t.m.r. , they come out in October or before , so hopefully I won't require a rake to collect my parts on the way back to the truck (HOPEFULLY )????
Great News I said it to Mike from the beginning that the 50GT would be perfect for the Raminator. Great to see them going forward with it.

I'm really impressed by the RC max folks , I send a e mail and I'm answered in a hour or so by Mike Taylor , looks like I gotta wait till October , but at least I know there's a positive at the end of the story and it gives me time to get the funds together , but it's more than halfway paid for on returning the t.m.r. problem

Is it due to the dollar conversion? I have purchased a good amount of stuff from RC Max for my Raminator build, JS Performance stuff. Due to our current weak dollar, the dollar conversion to them ends up making the price higher. What I found is that Primal is selling JS stuff from RC Max at what I thought was a higher price, but once you do the dollar conversion, its the same price as RC Max. I hope that makes sense. Don't get discouraged brother! You will get it running!

What exactly is the motor that comes stock in the Ram? I thought the TMR 49cc was stock and the 80cc was the upgrade? I know I must be missing something but their website is confusing. They list a 49cc motor at 100+ bucks as well.

The $100 motor is a stock 49cc motor, pocket bike type motor. The TMR is that same motor modified by TMR for more power. RC Max has the 80cc which is a beast. It is crazy power and a beauty of a mill. Medic roasted his transmission with it. I personally don't like the look, as it takes away from the true monster truck aesthetics with the rear pipe and added cage. Totally just my opinion. It is an amazing motor built by a great builder. Just don't like how it changes the trucks look so much. The OBR engine as previewed by MGP will still keep the monster truck look as you really only lose your driver in the cab for the pipe. Same with the modified TMR. I have not seen the 50gt that RC Max is producing. I am guessing it will be a reputable beast! Just curious as to how much you will need to modify the truck for it.

I asked about the modifications , and parts needed to install the 50gt motor , they don't want to go there just yet , as far as the money thing goes , I believe it doesn't matter who I buy it from , there saying $2000 , is about we're it will be
That price sounds more realistic my 50GT was $1930 for my 5T it’s an animal. I would go with the 50 but I’m running OBR’s 47 Reed case in my Primal and it has plenty of power.

You either like the guy or not ?‍♂️. It not his fault tmr is a bad joke, but he does sell a lot of products that he reviews, and recommends. I'm sure the next time a new engine comes out he'll be slow to give it the green light withou having the complete package in front of him. And not that I care, but hes gotten plenty of free stuff to review over the years. I don't think this makes him a bad guy, as that's what happens with 90% of online reviews, if the reviewer gets popular. Just the way it is.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks