RickDizzle's Raminator Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I got down on the new steering set up. Installed the RC Max steering arms and the JS Performance links. The benefits of the RC Max arms are key to taking out play in the stock steering. If you grab the stock arm that sits on the aluminum bushing with no bearings, there is up and down play. The RC Max arms are set up with double bearings that are pressed in and break away screws. This is key as they will sheer prior to damaging major higher dollar components.

RC Max on left stock on right.
20210112_173931.jpg

Here is the stock steering.
20210112_173952.jpg
20210112_174005.jpg

Installing the RC Max arms, I found that the aluminum bushing, sleeve from the stock steering didn't want to fit. So I tried a straight install. This caused the arm to sit flat and and essentially jammed up the arm from moving as seen here.
20210112_175036.jpg

To work around this, I threw a small flat washer underneath it and 100% problem resolved.
20210112_175048.jpg
20210112_175102.jpg

I reached out to Mike and it was the end of the day there...he is going to look at his Raminator and see what was up with that on mine. He said they have sold a ton of sets and never ran into that issue. So will post what he finds. Do not let that simple issue scare you away...I now have ZERO play in my steering. Sooo much better.

I then pulled my stock steering links and set them up to the proper stock length as per the manual. Center to center on the shorts are 80mm and center to center on the longs is 159mm. They are so much beefier then stock and the ends are legit.

I forgot to take side by side pics...sorry guys. But here they are installed on the left. Look how much beefier!
20210112_174126.jpg

Here are both sides installed with the bumper off.
20210112_174213.jpg

Here it is all buttoned up.
20210112_174346.jpg
20210112_174325.jpg

This truck now has zero slop horizontally or vertically. The set up is super robust.
One thing I did is EVERY screw that came out was completely cleaned with light heat to burn off old loctite, a wire brush then brake cleaner. Then I opted to use blue loctite to reinstall all the screws. Truck will be sitting until this weekend for a solid curing of the loctite. Also waiting to hear back from Mike as well to make sure my washer trick will be kosher. This weekend will be posting some cool stuff courtesy of @Top Dead Center . Pretty excited to share. If all goes well will post this Sunday!

Attachments

• 20210112_120934.jpg
    20210112_120934.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 0
Just as an update. Mike got back with me. Appears my axle casting is a tad different then others. He said the washer fix is 100% good to go. He tested it on his Raminator and said good to go. So no issue there. Super easy cheap fix if anyone else runs into that issue!????

I'm still wondering how you get it in the workbench ??
Not a silly question considering its weight and size. If I already have it on its "stand" (the foldable stool) I am able to pick it straight up by the stool and put it on the work bench. Mind you it is a lil sketchy doing it like that. If its not on its stand yet, I place the stand on the bench and then myself and a second person pick it up by its axles and put it on the stand. I much prefer this method as its easier and I don't have the risk of dropping it. Its so big, plus the weight, it makes it awkward to do by yourself.
the parts look very well made.
For sure! Everything on this truck is very well made. I have been into RC and real custom cars for a long time...this thing speaks volumes to the time they took to design and manufacture it. The CNC work and castings are immaculate. All the aftermarket stuff from JS Performance has been beautiful amazing quality as well. No complaints at all!

Last edited:
No wheelie bar on my Raminator. No need for one with my stock 49cc engine lol. I looked at the pics of it and it appears to go behind the shocks but I can't clearly see where. Hit up Mike at RC Max and see if he can send you a picture or two of the mount points.

If you already have the Full Force set and have three total Full Force fittings you just need the Snappy kit. If you only have two fittings, select the JJ572 Full Force fittings so you have a third for your vent, will come with 2 so technically you will have one extra. If you already have fuel line you don't need to select line. Thats for if you need fuel line too.

I see what's going on now , I'm gunna slip a piece of hose over the brass fitting , like it says on the add you sent me , I thought of that already , but didn't want to Jimmy anything , I'll get a little straight brass connecter to attach vent hose , and do the same piece of hose thing there also

I see what's going on now , I'm gunna slip a piece of hose over the brass fitting , like it says on the add you sent me , I thought of that already , but didn't want to Jimmy anything , I'll get a little straight brass connecter to attach vent hose , and do the same piece of hose thing there also
Sounds like a good thing to try. I didnt fool with my stock gasket/plug...I went straight to the Snappy. As long as it all seals up well..should be good!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks