Hpi 5sc refresh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went with the HD version. Think I have everything covered now, just need to wait for delivery and it will be up and running. :)
While I was hooking up the radio the throttle servo went out. The servo was a Savox sc-0251mg. Worth a poop or junk? Too late now because I ordered another one. They look like pretty nice pieces and not made in China.

Last edited:
I know it's too late but non HD imo. Becuase of the adjustability you can get more steering angle and better steering.
Went with the HD version. Think I have everything covered now, just need to wait for delivery and it will be up and running. :)
While I was hooking up the radio the throttle servo went out. The servo was a Savox sc-0251mg. Worth a poop or junk? Too late now because I ordered another one. They look like pretty nice pieces and not made in China.
Good servo, use it on my baja

Front end turned out pretty stout, should be pretty bulletproof. All the shocks were empty so I filled them with 15w-40 diesel oil. All I had for now, it dampens pretty good from a 3ft high drop.

20210726_203717.jpg
20210726_204545.jpg

Rat Fink approves
20210726_204952.jpg

filled them with 15w-40 diesel oil
sunglasses deal with it GIF

😆😆😆

I see you like to lull people into a false sense security. You trick us into thinking you’ve got some brains, then at the last minute pull the carpet from under our feet.

You might as well shout Ta Da……I’m an idiot.
Basically you couldn’t wait one day and spend $5 on some proper silicone oil.
Gordon Ramsay GIF
Old shocks, idk if the seals are good or if they will leak. One pissed the oil right out and needed new seals. Better than wasting good oil.

Last edited:
So, on the topic of knuckles. Plastic or aluminum? I like the Red Arrow billet knuckles with their 1 piece design. They look very strong but do the stock plastic 2 piece knuckles take enough of a beating to warrant going with a 1 piece design?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks