Oil/Fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thoughts on VP Racing 94 Octane ethanol free small engine fuel with Amsoil Dominator 2 stroke? Planning on running this in my stock Raminator engine.

Ohhhh look at mister big bucks over here. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Think this was the most civilized oil discussion I've ever seen..?
Time to start some shite :unsure::unsure::ROFLMAO:

Everyone has a different comfort level when it comes to the taboo question "what premix ratio / what oil". In my 35+ years of 2 strokes, ive never seen nor read of a legitimate engine failure resulting from running 50:1 vs 28:1 premix. I have seen / read of many engine failures from simple lack of air filter maintenence, air leaks, and excessively worn pistons. Its your engine , its your money, so run whatever premix or brand of oil you want.

I would say there is a ballpark. Seems that 25:1 for break in and 28:1 is fairly popular, and it seems to work fine if not great. I've seen and heard of using 28:1 even during break in. And I've seen and heard of people doing no break in and running it hard from the jump. I know I'll be experimenting with different pre-mixes out of my own curiosity. But I'm planning on 25:1 for a tank or so and then 28:1 to 32:1 thereafter on my new FG. For me, I'm not too worried about popping one of these little engines if it happens. The big bore stuff I'll probably be a little more careful with once I delve into that world. I'm not going to get on the interwebz and say there's a wrong way or right way of doing anything. But I'm willing to share how I do things and what's worked for me. But I'm always down to listen to opinions. Hell, I'll even give them a go if I personally dig the sound of it.

I do have a story with my redcat. I ran the trufuel 50:1 and I think i got maybe 6 runs out of it before I lost compression. Yes granted I bought it used so who knows how much fuel went through it..paid 200 bucks for it thats the only reason why I bought it. Long story short I replaced the piston ring and it still runs fine. So not sure if it was oil or age

I'd like to know if we can run lower oil ratios then why do the manufactures for rc cars recommend 25:1? Is it a idiot proof measure or is there a parts quality reason? I understand quality engines in saws and other high end equipment.id like to see a control of ratios used in a higher end engine vs a lower quality clone engine and see where the results stand@Seandonato73

A critical factor in a successful break in is to NOT use a full synthetic oil. The rings won't properly break in. I was advised to always break in a fresh engine using a straight dino based oil, then swap over to synthetic. I used cheap crap chain saw oil for my break-ins. Then my oil of choice for the past 25 years is Klotz Super Techniplate, or Klotz R50

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks