spents vekta.5 lse build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wiring sorted (y),
all wired up and tucked away, some more foam added, needs a tad more in bottom section then some in the top section,
lipo on charge,
cant get the 6000mah lipo in and out without takin box top off,
so i may have a look and see if i can dremel a tad off the lips at the front of the box,
battery just wont quite clear the lippy bits,
sorry haric if i do dremel the box :),

soooooo, a bit of a step backwards to start with :D,
removed the haric box from the vekta to modify it a tad,
i really hope hari isnt gonna be offended that i've done a mod to this :),
so removed the two lower flappy bits and rounded the edges of the upper ones,

i can now wiggle the killer rc 6000mah battery in and out of there through the front hole (y),
yes i have to push down to flatten the foam a bit then let it spring back, and also need to check that i can get battery in and out with all the rx etc in there still,
but seems like its gonna work (y), might use a piece of the foam hari sent with the box under the battery cos its a bit thinner than the stuff i was gonna use,
and needs a tape flap on the side of the battery so i can grab it once its in there ,

it doesn't matter those two lower flappy bits aint in there either,
cos the front plate butts up against the face of the box (y),

I'm sure he'd be offended if ya didnt😆
Good plan 👌🏻
yeh i'm sure hari will be fine with it doug (y),
and looks like it will work s well (y), re positioned the rx again though :LOL:,
its fairly tight but the battery will wiggle in and out now,
just made sense to try it so that battery can be removed through the front cover plate and not have to un bolt the top and bottom sections to do the same (y):)

Yeah has to be convenient 👍🏻
yeh main reason was i don't like chargings lipos in the car doug,
and splitting the box in half takes time to get a bigger battery out ,
the smaller killer rc 4300 or is it 4200 battery would slide in an out easy as pie as the box is, but i bought a 6000 :LOL:
I had planned on making thumb screws for the top of mine make it a bit easier to pop off. Tops idea on cutting out the lower tabs though.
yeh that would another good option sean (y),
and thanks sean (y):)

battery box is done and sorted finally (y):ROFLMAO:,
wiring configuration 89b and i'm finally happy 🤦‍♂️:LOL:,

wiring tucked away and all held in place with foam etc,

pull tab added to battery, so now the battery can be installed and removed with only the need to remove the side plate on the haric box (y)(y),
its a nice snug fit an all,

everything works as it should, just needs servo reverse on steering and end points etc setting up now ,

and thanks again hari, you're a top fella (y)(y)(y)(y):),

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks