Time To Get The Baja Race Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been a satisfying little project. Doesn't take very long and is not hard to do.

Dremel'd the top plate some to accommodate upper adjustment hole placement. It could use another pass but fully functional with no bind as is. If I would have unbolted the shock support and moved it out of the way instead of carving thru it like an animal things woulda looked much neater.

IMG_20210121_202755363.jpgIMG_20210121_205616636_HDR.jpg

Turnbuckle slightly touches the top plate when passing the shock support. I'll take care of this tomorrow when I smoothen things out. That alloy really clogs up the dremel sanding wheels.

IMG_20210121_205714821.jpg

Just picked up this pipe but having trouble with fitment. Guy said it came off a 5t but nothing lines up. Do you guys make brackets for them or am I missing something here?

IMG_20210205_162117674.jpgIMG_20210205_162333689.jpgIMG_20210205_162333689.jpgIMG_20210205_162226387.jpg

Just fitted the 845WP with FF brackets and it's not all that much modding that needs to be done.
View attachment 68616View attachment 68617

With the ddm alloy horn in the third hole position it sits without modding really. The turnbuckle barely touches the shock support and when it does it just pivots. A tiny bit of sanding will eliminate that totally.

View attachment 68618View attachment 68619

In order for the turnbuckle to fit the higher hole mounts some sanding/grinding of the top plate is needed. But really not much.

View attachment 68621
Yeah, once someone has shown you how. ?

I am really not happy with this thing right now. Idk if it's bent (doesn't look to be) but the fookin header hides one of the bolts, can barely get it to turn. Too boot the header blocks me from accessing the brake hardware. If this is not bent idk how in hell this company became so popular. I would not recommend this pipe to anyone as of right now.

IMG_20210205_191655196.jpgIMG_20210205_192019690.jpg

I am really not happy with this thing right now. Idk if it's bent (doesn't look to be) but the fookin header hides one of the bolts, can barely get it to turn. Too boot the header blocks me from accessing the brake hardware. If this is not bent idk how in hell this company became so popular. I would not recommend this pipe to anyone as of right now.

View attachment 69325View attachment 69326
Victory is the same way, and I r had to mess with my brakes on not when I did a full tear down so idgas, as for the header, just cut the allen wrench down or buy a MOD stud kit (the proper solution) .

Got to do the brakes first bud? and really how often do you need to fix the brakes?‍♂️ if so you need RCR system ?
This ^??

Got to do the brakes first bud? and really how often do you need to fix the brakes?‍♂️ if so you need RCR system ?

You know my braking is gonna be done up front! lol I'm a fiddling moron and take my stuff apart too much. It's not about the brakes per say I was more referring to the diff. Maybe I've been going at it wrong but easiest way to pull it is taking off the gear plate but need to remove the rear brakes first. or I just now I found a good reason to get the rcmax quick diff. Been having trouble with the diff leaking even when not running. New oring but maybe it's getting pinched somewhere. Running 5k right now.

Victory is the same way, and I r had to mess with my brakes on not when I did a full tear down so idgas, as for the header, just cut the allen wrench down or buy a MOD stud kit (the proper solution) .

This ^??

I did not think about cutting a allen, I use the harbor freight straight hex w/ t handle and thanks for the MOD suggestion looking into that now. I'm glad you told me Victory is the same, I was about to sell this and buy one of them. I would have been furious!:mad:

Now I just gotta figure out how I'm gonna bend this aluminum? 1/8" thick.

IMG_20210205_193236024.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks